Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sister and I




Some of us have sisters. Some of us don't.

I on the other hand have a sister and inspiration. I have someone to look up to and know what is right and wrong. I love my sister.

Over the passed three years since I moved to live with my aunt and uncle, I have noticed more and more, how much my sister and I have in common, from our favorite colors, to our books, religious views, political views, and even our 'fan'dom nature. Sometimes I feel that I am copying my sister in many ways, and in some cases I feel that I am subconsciously. I have made choices in my life that reflect things that she has done. Which I don't find bad at all.

When I visited in August of last summer, I found out that our favorite colors are the same. Purple. I kind of scoffed and shrugged. So what? I didn't think it was such a big deal, and it still might not be a big deal at all.

I read a blog post from my sister a few weeks ago. At that moment, I was positive that we were undoubtedly sisters in every way, shape, and form. I felt every emotion and hardship that she had wrote down. And in that moment realizing such fact, I broke down and cried. I never really thought of my sister as a small, scared, little girl. But when I read that, I felt exactly how she described herself.

I told her, in that moment of my fabulous epiphany that I too, feel like a small, scared, little girl, and we could be tat way together. I wanted to let my sister know, that she wasn't the only one feeling doubtful or lonely. I wanted her to know that her sister would be there for her no matter what.

I love my sister.

In the past we may have had our scraps, but now that we are older, we have found a bond that wont brake. /le cheese I know that I may have angered her, made her use a purse on me, pissed her off, made her wish I was never brought into this world. But now, I think she is content with having my big mouth, buck teethed, weird nosed, crazy eyed, awful acned, uni-browed self, as a sister.

And recently, I think I copied her desk. Whooops.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your sister. I think you captured how special your relationship with her is. I feel very blessed to have some awesome sisters, not everyone is as fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like checking out new blogs, I'll have to check out your sister's.

    ReplyDelete