Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Rapture

So, today was suppose to be judgement day. I was wondering how they how it was going to happen, what was going to be on the news, and how the sky would look. The forecast said there would be rain, and there was rain. It kind of sucks. We had a sunny streak going until today. Is that the first sign of the rapture? A true forecast?
And this whole things seems silly to begin with. I mean, why listen to some old guy? How come I can't say something that people will believe and he can?
Well, I say the world is going to end after my birthday, October 21, 2011.... Oh wait... He said that too. And whats up with that?! AFTER I turn the big one eight! I'm going to be an adult for less then 24 hours. What a life! Thats barely enough time to celebrate! I wont even get to vote in the 2012 elections. Because again we're suppose to die then too. Three dates, and so far, nothing to show for it.
People are pretty ridiculous. If the world were to end, I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of warning. Like, flying pigs or those sky fish, like in Doctor Who!
Not just some guy saying it will. I feel we'll go out with a bang! WWIII or some kind of radioactive malfunction, or world wide cancer! Something classy and believable, not because "God came down and told me so."
I figure God has something else planned for us, and not some silly rapture. I give it a couple hundred to a thousand more years.

 Just in case it does happen sooner, I wont be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. I think if someone doesn't have a unique view of that guys predictions something is wrong with them. I'm not going to pretend to know what his problem is, it sure got everyone thinking or joking. I think the thing that bugged me the most is there were sincere people who looked up to him and believed him. That makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete